Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Useful Baby Items. [To Put On The Baby Registry or Just To Have At Home]


My friend ask for some ideas of my favorite baby items so one of her friends could get an idea of what to put on her baby registry. Here is a list of what I wrote. These are some items that I either love having or that I think are most haves in the baby nursery, or anywhere else baby may go.
  1. Bumbo Sitter and the Bumbo Tray to go with it. The Bumbo itself is great. Ryan loves sitting in it and it gives me a break, but the tray has been great for Ryan to play with toys as well. As he gets older he'll be able to eat snack while sitting in his Bumbo. This is one of my favorite items we have because it not only helps me out but it also helps him strengthen his muscles.
  2. Dozy Dolphin or the Sleep Sheep by Cloudb. We have the Dozy Dolphin and Ryan loves the music to relax or go to sleep to and the white noise ocean noise helps him stay asleep.
  3. Zipper sleepers. I would say ask for the ones that have the little flap that buttons on the top because it keeps the zipper pull down. We have some without the flap and the zipper pull pokes Ryan in the neck.
  4. Changing Pad. If you don't want to ask for an entire changing table, I would at least ask for a changing table pad with grips on the bottom. We have one that I put on top of my dresser and it works just the same as an actual changing table without the extra cost.
  5. Diapers. You can pick the brand you think you'll use, but in the end people will either get the kind they want to get you or you're baby will end up not being able to use the kind that you're wanting to use. A lot of people are all for Pampers. I'm actually a Huggies person. Ryan does much better with the Huggies. He doesn't leak near as much and to me when he wears Pampers, he always feels like he is damp on the outside of his diaper. It really all depends on the baby.
  6. Wipe Warmer. I love my wipe warmer. You don't have to have one but Ryan hated cold wipes and I had to manually warm them with my hand to make them to where he would tolerate them.  I wouldn't have purchased one myself but it was nice to get as a gift. I will add that Pampers wipes dry out right away in the warmer though.
  7. Wipe Refills. Packages of wipes are great you only need a few of the plastic boxes so the refills are nice and are good to have because you of course go though a lot of wipes.
  8. Travel Swing. I have both a full sized swing and a travel swing and I by far like the travel one a lot better. It folds up and is easy to store or take somewhere, it's less expensive, takes up a lot less room around the house, and for the most part has the same features as a full sized one.
  9. Some sort of play mat, with dangle toys. Ryan bats at his toys for quite a while and loves to kick the keys on his kicker piano toy. We have one that is a three-step toy that can be used in the toddler years as well.
  10. Bottles. I really like the NUK and Tommee Tippee bottles. Ryan takes any bottle but those are my favorites. We also have Avent, Evenflo, and Breastflow bottles. They work just fine, but bottles are another item that just depend on the baby.
  11. Bath stuff. A lot of times people will get a bunch of bath things as their gift. Washcloths, towels, sponge bath, baby shampoo, baby wash, baby lotion, a rubber duck, some bath toys. I have the sponge bath that has a temperature indicator on it and it's really nice to have. I still put in his baby tub to make sure the water doesn't get too hot (they also have ducks with the temperature thing on it too).
  12. Receiving and swaddling blankets are great for the car seat or the diaper bag.
  13. Don't be afraid to register for some "silly" or random things. I registered for baby sunglasses, a baby robe, a baby book, baby booties, a toothbrush kit, safety knobs and outlet protectors, baby oil, and baby stain remover and detergent (like Dreft). People love getting things like these because they are very practical gifts. I even registered for older things like sippy cups, spoons, bowls, etc. because there are those people that like to think ahead with their gifts and get things for you that you will need in the future. After all, your baby always needs something new.
  14. Pacifiers. I wouldn't go to crazy about pacifiers just yet. Babies are very picky when it comes to pacifiers. Some babies won't take a pacifier, some will only take a certain kind, and then there are the babies that don't really care what kind they have in their mouths as long as they have something to suck on. I registered for a certain kind and ended up taking them back because Ryan ended up liking another kind that someone had gotten him.
There are many other things that you could add to the list. Like I said before babies always need something. Just when you think you've got it all, you think of something else you need. These are just some of the things that I love having. I couldn't imagine not having some of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment